The 5 Must-Have Tools to Sell Successfully as an Amazon Merchant
You’ve finally registered your Amazon account and decided what products to sell. You’ve even told your friends and family by posting about your new business venture on Facebook. Now that you’re finished with the initial stage, it’s time for the more grueling part: learning how to sell on Amazon.
If you do research, you’ll find that there is a dizzying number of tools and techniques that marketers and sellers recommend to help you increase sales. Make sure that the ones you select cover a variety of sections in your business including finance, listing, pricing, and feedback.
Check out the 5 must-have tools for selling successfully in Amazon:
1. Tools from Amazon
Before you look somewhere else, make sure that you are familiar with the tools that Amazon itself offers to sellers.
Here are a few examples:
- Volume Listing Tools — this tool is especially designed for professional sellers who list products in bulk. It can help you upload lists in bulk whether you’re selling books, DVD’s, or music, it can make inventory changes quickly and easily, and it allows you to download reports to track your data.
- Amazon Seller App — Amazon recognizes that business has now gone mobile. There is an Amazon mobile app for customers, but did you know that there’s also one designed for sellers?
- The Amazon Seller app allows business owners to manage their accounts even while on the road. From fulfilling orders to managing inventories and sales analysis, this tool ensures you’re on top of your game wherever you are.
- FBA Revenue Calculator — Fulfillment by Amazon makes online selling fast and easy. The FBA Revenue Calculator makes the process even more convenient by helping sellers with pricing. The tool allows you to make price comparisons between your own fulfillment and Amazon’s offer.
2. Inventory Tools
Making inventory is one of the most tedious tasks in Amazon selling. However, it keeps you grounded by letting you record and track your data concretely. The secret to doing it right is automation. Not only does it save you a huge amount of time, it also minimizes errors and ensures smoother inventory flow. There are several inventory software tools specially designed for Amazon selling, namely:
3. Seller Ratings/Feedback Tools
Amazon may be a convenient space for buyers to do online shopping, but for sellers, it can be a challenging place to thrive in business. One of the proven ways you can rise from the competition is through ratings or feedback.
It’s a good thing there are tools that can help you acquire and manage customer ratings. Here’s a few to add to your list:
4. Marketing Tools
Successful selling in Amazon isn’t just depended on the items you sell. You must have a strategic marketing plan in place if you want to move your products.
Whether you personally manage marketing or have outsourced it to your Amazon Seller VA (virtual assistant), make sure that your team has the proper marketing tools to work with.
Here are some tools to help expand your market reach:
- SEO Chat — this Keyword Suggested Tool, as the name implies, helps you collate possible search queries as you type. The Suggestions are based on searches made in Amazon, Google, YouTube, and Bing.
- Rank Tracer — if you need information about sales ranks or charts of any Amazon product, this tool is for you. Through this report, you’ll know what products are fast-selling and what other vendors are promoting.
- MarketHustl — this tool helps sellers to optimize their listings. MarketHustl analyzes your competition and gathers a list of potential keywords. It also helps users to post enticing product images. All in all, this makes for an intelligent copy to turn readers into buyers.
5. Tax Compliance Tool
This is an online-selling tool that many people neglect. If you’re an Amazon seller, you have sales tax obligations that you can’t overlook. To keep selling and reinforce your credibility as a business owner, make sure that you fulfill your tax requirements.
Avalara TrustFile is a tax filing tool especially designed for online sellers. You can import and prepare reports on your sales data, analyze your sales tax, and even prepare signature-ready forms.
The 5 must-have tools for selling successfully in Amazon will make your business lucrative in the easiest, simplest way possible. Which of these tools do you find more relevant to your needs?
Catherine vanVonno, the author, is the President and Executive Director of 20Four7VA, a global Virtual Assistant (VA) Service Provider. She holds a doctorate degree in Applied Statistics, Research Design and Program Evaluation from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and has over 10 years experience in facilitating evidence-based strategic planning, product development, brand management, legislative communications, and medical policy. She is married and has four children. You can reach her at email@example.com.